We are pleased to report that today is a day like no other: May 13 is officially Hummus Day! Join millions around the world, celebrating their love for delicious hummus. Eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks, and tweet/post a picture with the hashtags #hummusday and #theveganproject.
The history of hummus, if you will: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummus
To help you celebrate, we’ve put together a round up of our favourite recipes, starting with our very own favourite Kale hummus.
1) Kale hummus: http://www.theveganproject.com/kale-hummus/
2) PETA: Basic hummus- base recipe: http://www.peta.org/recipes/hummus-2/
3) Epicurious: Edamame Hummus- http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/edamame-hummus-362751
4) Taste of Home: Lime Cilantro Hummus- http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lime-cilantro-hummus
5) Food.com- Spicy Garlic hummus: http://www.food.com/recipe/spicy-garlic-hummus-90910
And that’s just to name a few.
Here’s to the “chicest” of peas, plant protein, being adaptable enough to put on any veggie or breadstick, and being our party go-to when there aren’t any vegan options in sight.
Hummus: we salute you.
Love, The Vegan Project